Welcome to my BLOG!!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Trying to get back into organizing my life as a crafty stay at home mom!

 I am making one for the girls chores, getting ready routine and my dinner calendar for the month! I will post pics of mine when I get them all done! I am hoping that if I can start getting these kiddos to help me on a regular basis that we might be able to keep this house nice enough I Can get this house ready to put on the market!! I think kids should have other responsibilities besides cleaning up their own room. My oldest is always saying that I am such a mean mom! Honestly I am not a mean mom at all! My daughter just says that to try to hurt my feelings so I will not make her do anything. She is smart like that! I am so ready to bring out the mean momma if I do not start getting some help around here! Well not really, I just really need them ALL to do their part! There is an ongoing debate among parents about whether chores should be done for pay, or because you are a member of the household. My thinking is that it is not a bad thing to work for pay from early on - but that I also don't want my kids to expect to be paid for every contribution. So one of the things we do in our house is IF they can complete a chore without being told over and over, If they can do it without fighting with each other then they get paid in stickers. They then put their stickers on a chart I made that stays on the fridge. When the chart on the fridge is filled with stickers they get to trade it in for a trip to the store! The kids love this and I think it works out pretty well!
 I sat down and wrote out our need to do list, it's HUGE!!!! I am beginning to feel so overwhelmed, like I will never be able to get this house ready to put on the market by April. Wish me luck! Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment